The Colne UFO Case.

"Hello there, That which I'm about to impart occurred in Nelson, Lancashire, a small former mill town, nine and a half miles from Todmorden as the crow flies.

My first encounter was at 6:30pm on a cold cloudless evening in the last week of October 1989, though it could have been 1988, I was walking down Walton Lane, just below Marsden Hall Road when I looked up and saw a metallic silver-grey disc above me. It was silent, no more than 300ft up, 30ft across, it's flightpath was straight and level, travelling at 30mph but slowly accelerating as it headed north towards the old railway in Colne.

The underside of craft had a series of lines which I assumed to be joints been panels. Two lines went across the craft, there were several shorter at 90 degrees to these, I can't remember exactly how the shorter lines were configured, but they were orientated in the direction the disc was travelling.


In the weeks that followed it became apparent that other people had seen it too, in the first article published by the Nelson Leader a woman reported seeing a craft with orange, green and white lights on it manoeuvring over fields at the top of Brierfield, if my recollection is correct.

The following week another witness came forward, he was stood 600yds from me, when he saw a craft hovering above a row of houses just above Marsden Hall Road on Barkerhouse Road he said it had "banana shaped lights" on it and it moved off towards Colne, though it was not illuminated when I saw it moments later.

My next sighting was in 1997, I reported it to the Ministry of Defence to corroborate the testimony of any other witnesses, which is something I never did in 89/88, what I saw led me to believe that the Kenneth Arnold sighting in 1947, the Lubbock Lights and the craft filmed at Kumburgaz are all the same type of craft.

Comments