An Invisible visitor, South Wales, June 2018

I used to go to a few quiet spots in the car sometimes socially with a mate and smoke a joint and have a catch up. My main spot I've been going to for about 10 years. I never had any issues until this one time when I stupidly said to my friend I'm going to pull into those woods (which is signed as a natural burial ground) and let the windows down while we roll up" see if we can stir something up. I don't know why, I was just messing about I guess. 

I've never been in this natural burial ground before as its in dense woodland. As I drove in there was no sign of anyone and no cars. No houses for at least a mile or 2.  I've stopped, the engine is off and lights are also off. My mate has started to roll up, pretty much straight away really, 30 seconds to a minute anyway. I could hear whispering outside, it was quiet but with both windows down it was loud enough to hear. At least 3-4 sources of whispering in a foreign sounding weird sort of speech. But the strange thing with the whispering was it sort of swirled around the car. One voice would mumble something in a whisper then another next to it would answer, then another voice on the opposite side of car. Im not exactly sure if it was 3 or 4 voices or maybe more. 


Extensive damage to the Bronze Age burial mound in Wentwood Forest.

So we are grown men now. Never really get scared easy. Just as I was about to ask my mate if he was hearing this I can already see him looking kind of spooked and looking outside his window to the side. I asked "Can you hear that talking" and he said "yeah man go man go" So I've started the car, turned on the lights, the windows are up and Iv now pressed the central locking button to close all doors, so quickly that I sort of did everything in 1 action. I drove out quick but safe down to the next turn which is about a mile down the main road. 

I Drove to the spot Im used to down the lane and as usual I turned the car around so it was facing outwards. I was backed up into the dead end which is at the end of a farmers driveway. On my side  is a hedge which surrounds a field which goes up to another field which connects to the burial place. There is a thick hedge about 9-10 ft high. Behind that is a wood line of trees with a walking path which takes you to a dead end. My car lights could be seen  far down the path and when I look I can see people around. In the ten years I have been coming here I have never seen anyone in the day, been bothered or moved on. 

We were watching these figures and talking about the chattering we had just heard in the burial ground. I turned off my lights and I looked in my rear view mirror as I thought I saw something dart across the window. I just put it down to my eyes adjusting to the lights going off . And matey starts looking spooked again, he is talking to me but he keeps looking past/behind me kind of out the window. As he was talking I had a really strong sense of fear come over me that I can only compare to sleep paralysis (anyone who has had it knows the fear) for about 30 seconds we're just kind of frozen stuck, it was a really strange moment.

Then the car door handle my side is been yanked up really hard. People don't flap a door handle that way.  It sounded like it nearly pulled the whole handle off. Thank god I had activated the central locking and put window up. I've turned on the car and wheel spun off so hard everything on mateys lap to roll up has gone flying everywhere. I said "sorry man really sorry but please tell me you heard my door handle get pulled" he confirmed that he did and he just wanted to go home. On the way home he said he saw the window behind me get shadowed out, but it wasn't a figure of a person so he never said anything to me, all he said is the whole window kind of shadowed. We were spun out badly, two fully grown men full of real fear.




We put it down to people, or some sort of paranormal event from the burial grounds. I've heard some really similar chatter sounds online but obviously none have the swirly effect we heard its usually just one voice babbling. It wasn't English because we would understand it. 

Comments