A Phantom Wolfhound Helps a Young Lady on her Walk Home. A Strange Orange Orb

"I saw your post on the Phantom dog that was seen in Bolton and I added my own story to the report. I had a similar experience to that girl and I felt the dog I saw was friendly. I dont want to share the name of my town as Im a very private person. This event happened in a Scottish Border Town. When I was teen I was walking home late one evening from a visit to my older sisters house, it was dark and for safety I went through the main town with it being well lit. It was a weekend night and I admit I was nervous the whole time I was walking incase I bumped into drunk people.

After getting through the main part of town I got near one of the churches in a less well lit residential areas a huge Wolfhound ran in-front of me, stopping in the middle of the road. I was at about 6ft away from It and It just stood there and stared at me. I’ve always been an animal lover so after a wait and no owner appearing within a few minutes I worried the dog was a stray or had that it had escaped someones home without them knowing. So I spoke softly to the dog and walked a little closer but it trotted away a little bit more.

I stopped, thinking I was was scaring it and it stopped and looked back at me again. So I tried to approach it again and the same thing happened. I was a bit wary but because it was out on the road and I was worried about cars coming and it getting hurt so despite the fact it was leading me away from the main street and down past the wee church I followed it. And it was the same pattern through the walk, me trying to approach it and it always staying just out of reach of me and then always stopping to look back at me.


It led me to near the entrance of one of our local graveyards and at that point I was like “Oh heck no, are you serious? I’m not following you in there. As I was standing contemplating following the dog in to the church there was a massive ruckus from where I’d been going to walk home originally. There was a group of rowdy drunk guys that must’ve been heading up the path I’d been intending to go down, there was sounds of shouting, swearing,something hitting the bin that was on the street and what sounded like a fight that broke out between them.

As I was turned the other way listening to them I have no idea where the dog went but when I looked back it was gone. I like to think that it was a friendly guide who steered me away from trouble that night and I’ll never forget it, it was the biggest, greyest wolfhound I’ve seen, no collar that I could see and always just out of reach.

I know it could’ve been a real dog but it was such a strange experience, it appearing before me and leading me away from potential danger. It made no sound the whole time either. I am really thankful that I followed it, whatever it was. I’m the sort of person who is kind of half sceptic, trying to find rational explanations for everything including the dog I saw and I can explain that experience. 

The graveyard it led me to has a path running through it which I could’ve used as an alternative route home, but I was too scared to go through it in the dark though. Thats the reason I walked through the town.

Have you heard any stories about orange glowing lights or objects at all nearby? My Mum and I had a very strange experience with one that flew past us, literally right between us and vanished as we were walking one night, we both looked at each other and said “did you see that?”It was football sized, bright orange, flew past us at head height faster than you can blink, no noise, no heat, no smoke trail, nothing and vanished, literally. This was a good few years back and one I can’t explain, we are both still baffled by it. It shot right between us, like quite literally zoomed past our heads as we were talking and walking not 1 minute away from her house"

Become a Patron!


Come along to our new BBR Website. Find Cryptid, Creature and Unexplained Events reports from the Witnesses themselves. Keep up to date with the latest sighting reports and here interviews with witnesses.

Comments