Long Calls From the Mountain? Black Mountains Wales

Today I was contacted by a lady researcher in Wales: I was at my home property in Wales tonight about 5 pm when I heard 3 loud unusual calls in the Carmarthen /Brecon Welsh boarder Towns. 




I was just at home, and there are woodlands at the back of the house, and the calls seemed to be coming from that direction, The house we live in backs onto the woodlands then there are mountains behind that, so there are no buildings or anything in that direction I can think of that the calls could of been. I jumped up but by the time I had made it outside the dogs everywhere in the town were going crazy and drowned out the noise. After a minute everything went quiet so I went back inside. Then about 20 mins later there was one long loud sound again (that I heard) and there may of been more as the dogs went crazy again.



I am used to the usual noises around here and I can not think what animal it could be. It certainly set the dog's off howling and wailing? I am going to go online and see if its an animal or something else that wouldn't normally be in this area? 




I should add we took a short cut through the rough area yesterday and it really felt like we were being watched too, a few branches were being snapped behind us as we walked and we couldn’t see anyone around.

My dog is a Doberman and she is at the back fence now barking and barking and its 9.30 pm. I wonder if she is picking up on something, I will let you know more as it happens Deborah.

C. Driver




I had a look on the map at the area the howls would of come from and the area itself is ideal set between the Shropshire Area of Natural Beauty and the Brecon Beacon national park there is everything you would need to survive and thrive in the UK. And of course the Black Mountain Werewolf is another account from the same area. There does seem to be many other accounts leading to and from this area.  



D. L. Hatswell 15/12/17  

Comments