The Human Like Hairy Figure on Robin Hood Lane. Derbyshire Dec 2019

Around two weeks ago I was driving down Robin hood lane which lies between Holloway and Whatstandwell in Derbyshire, I was returning after finishing up taking some photos of derelict buildings just as the daylight was starting to fade, I am a photographer, I packed up and as I came down the lane which is narrow, I was driving at a moderate speed when I realised there appeared to be a 'human looking figure' stood just at the edge of the road and the wood, as soon as I saw 'It' I stopped the car about 10 feet away from where 'It had walked. 'It' did not run but walked across the lane in front of my car.

Now for the description and believe me I wish this was just my imagination. Whatever 'It' was, 'It' stood around 7ft tall perhaps maybe even a little taller (I was guaging this as I had to bend down in the car too look out of the windscreen at 'It) 'It' was covered in dark brown hair, it had a stump neck, broad shoulders and 'It' was slightly bent at the knees as 'It' walked. I am sure 'It' was a Male but to be honest I wasn't looking directly at 'It' as I was so shocked that I seen 'It'. 'Its' face looked slightly like a human face would with a flat nose and thick lips and small ears.


The creature walked across the lane in front of my car and carried on walking up towards the old stone quarry. I gave it 15 mins to move off and away from me then I got out of the car, mainly for a ciggy and fresh air I was pretty confused and shaken up and l looked around on the wet damp ground and there were no footprints, not a one anywhere on the ground.




I am sure what I saw and I am not someone who imagines things. The place is close to a Canal, a railway line and the River Derwent and is a good habitat with plenty of woods and fields.

Update: I did go back the next night and went and sat in the quarry itself for around 6 hours. There was no bird activity or any noise at all, nothing stirred out there.  I will keep going back to see if I can spot any changes in the area, or catch another sign of it.

This sighting takes place in a area split by the River Derwent, on each side of the River you will find a number of quarries and land that has been quarried in the past. There are other reports in the area. 

A Night of Foreboding in Whatstandwell. Cabin Visitors? A family are disturbed all night in their holiday home, which backed onto the large quarry. 'We had just tucked up for the evening, my husband and I in one small bedroom and our daughter in the other one, both bedrooms on the same side facing the highest cliff of the quarry which had a small cave in it, the cave was set up high.  Just outside the bedroom windows was a reed-filled swampy sort of area quite boggy. We all felt unsettled and we could not drift off to sleep. It was all very eerie everything just felt "off" about this place. It was like we were all on red-alert for something.  Like flight or fight, that feeling of foreboding as if you have picked up on something but cant work out what?

This feeling of being unsettled went on for a good few hours, then we heard Three distinct tree knocks very loud and then the sound of movement through the trees heading towards the cabin. Now back then none of us believed in the Wild People so at this point we all felt immediately threatened and began to get very nervous but none of us could explain why, we just couldn't shake the feeling and being so far from people wasn't helping with the feeling at all.




Where we were situated out at the cabin was a long walk in and it was well into the rural parts of the Peak District.  So we couldn't understand why 'people' were coming towards the cabin, that's how it seemed to us, like trouble makers were on their way, although none of us would say that at that time only afterwards when we spoke about it, it felt like a band of humans up to no good were sneaking up on us, we were all on guard from that moment on. 

Although these knocks were in the near distance we could hear them clearly, and then our daughter said that there was someone standing outside of her window. We thought she was mistaken and just passed it off, as that or she had seen some shadows or something because we couldn't hear the noise at all.  But she kept saying she could hear someone moving about down in the reeds just below her window. We got out of bed to go and look but couldn't see or hear anything. We got back into bed and she started saying she could hear it again.

Now the rest of that night was something we've never experienced before thankfully it was like we were all in some kind of suspended timeless state, whole minutes stretched out into hours and this feeling of not being the only ones on the property. The night just seemed to go on forever. I think it is because our sixth-sense knew to be ready against something, what or why I dont know? But we were on our guard the whole night through.  I had asked the owners if any strange occurrences had happened there and they were quite cryptic and said yes, you could say that? 




The area is also home to the The beast of Riber an unknown creature said to stalk the village of Riber, of heard but unseen it steals food from farms, takes livestock and often stalks walkers and campers in the area. No description is ever the same of the beast, so for now we are unable to bring you further details.



Comments

  1. I live nearby and have been leaving an audio recorder which has convinced me that the area is V active. Couple stick structures in little area of wood I ventured into.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To contact me please use debbiehatswell@gmail.com