Cryptid Creatures, Tales from the East Coast of Scotland.

Dark Shadowy figures and Floating heads  Balgonie Castle just outside Glenrothes, is said to be home to an "intimidating spirit" and a whole host of other beings including a dog like creature, a dark hooded figure, an elderly man and a 17th century soldier. A visit there is also said to throw up some unusual experiences – the sound of mysterious voices, the sight of floating heads and the feeling that you are being watched. However the best-known spirit there is the famous Green Lady ghost, who can apparently still be seen roaming around the building to this day. She has been seen walking past windows on various occasions, and is even known to stalk the surrounding grounds. 

The castle's owners Stuart and Kelly Morris have encountered a number of strange goings-on down the years. At one point Kelly felt like someone was touching and breathing on her whilst out in the grounds, and they say that things got so bad that she even considered moving out. Many of the visitors report strange shadow figures as they walk around with the tour, others see a dark large dog like creature skulking along the many corridors. 




Porters Brae Apeman Creature - "About 45 years ago I was with my then girlfriend and we were parked on a forestry road at the junction of Langdykes Brae and Porters Brae on the road to Cults. The area is heavy Woodlands and is used for Forestry. Now this junction we were parked up in is about 1.5 miles from Kennoway in Fife. I was parked about 300 yards up the Torloisk forestry road and the trees to the left of me had been cut down for about 50 yards and the floor was cleared up to the tree line and stacked up at the side of the forestry road. There was a full moon and you could see right across the clearing to the standing trees, my then girlfriend said she saw something moving in the clearance, to which I said ‘it would no doubt be a fox or a deer.’

After a while I fell asleep in the car seat until my girlfriend shook me awake and said there was something moving behind the stacked trees next to the car, it was much closer than before and it had been moving around us for a while now? I wound the window down and banged on the door but the creature or whatever it was, was unfazed, it never moved. I then jumped into the driver's seat and reversed the car so the head lights shone in the direction of this creature, to my shock and amazement the creature stood up straight and for only a second or two and I could see it clearly. This "thing" stood around 8 feet tall and had a white/grey chest and face and the rest of its body was black. It looked at us one last time and then it took off in the direction of the forest and vanished from sight.

We were both confused and we just sat there trying to think what it could be, and then it came back!! This thing started throwing sticks at the car, they weren't little sticks as you could tell by the sound of them hitting the car with a thud, Then we heard lots of crashing going through a line of young beech trees near the car. We just drove out of there as fast as we could and my girlfriend did not want to return. So I went back the next day with my brother, we went to look for tracks or signs from the night before but it had been raining and we found nothing. I later asked a man I know who has worked all his life in these forests if he knew anything about what we saw but he had never come across any thing like it."

Mr Luke's Dundee Bigfoot Creature 1995 - Mark Luke, 46, from Edinburgh shared his experience when he saw a Bigfoot like creature in the Fife countryside after reading about a similar experience in The Courier newspaper. Mr Luke decided to speak out after stumbling across an online article on The Courier website while researching to try and explain his own encounter some years ago. Mr Luke, who is a carer, said he spotted the tall hairy upright figure just off the Tay Road Bridge in 1995 whilst travelling to Dundee to fill in for night shift security cover.

His sighting happened in the same area that a former civil servant from Fife reported seeing a creature at the Five Roads Roundabout when he was driving home from work. Just like Mr Luke, the civil servant had also told nobody at the time and only spoke publicly about what happened some 10 years later and this account was shared on the newspapers web page. Mr Luke said: “I had a similar encounter driving back to Edinburgh around 8am on the A92 going south in the same area. “I can remember there was a forest on both sides of me, and I looked to my left to see a tall dark shape standing 20 feet away in the trees. “At first I thought it was an ordinary man, but then 'it' came walking towards me and I could clearly see it was not a man. “He must have been huge, some eight to ten feet tall, and really wide it seemed. “I was quite scared and confused to be honest.

Honestly I put my foot down and carried on driving “I was doing 60mph and I was not going back to look, or stop until he was far behind me. “It was dark under the trees so it was very hard to see into them to keep an eye on where he went, “I could see a face shape but no facial details were clear. 

The Bigfoot Crossing the Road Fife Aug 2005  Second Man Sees Similar Bigfoot Creature - Driving on the A92 at the five roads roundabout a gentleman who was travelling by car encountered a strange hairy human type figure. The road is bordered by thick trees  and foliage on both sides. The man noticed something he found impossible to explain. This is his account in his own words.

After navigating The Five roads roundabout, I was driving home southbound on the A92 when my headlights picked out what I thought was a man standing by the left hand side of the road. I could see his figure clearly and as I approached him he stepped out in front of my car and I naturally brought the car to a  halt to avoid hitting the individual.  This ‘person’ was a large hairy ape like creature which turned to look at the car as I approached. It’s eyes gave out a shine which was very noticeable and it crossed the road in about 3 large strides. I felt uneasy but I brought the car to a stop and put the window down. I could hear something crunching away in the trees there, as if something was clearly moving through the forest.

I had no torch with me to shine towards the sounds. There was an unpleasant odour in the air and suddenly I got a feeling I was being watched as everything went very quiet. Silence was all around me, it was very unnerving.  I then shockingly just continued home, I didnt even realise I had started to drive and I didnt stop until I reached my home.

Thinking back on the event this individual was well over 7 feet tall and was a dark brown colour. It’s hair was of reasonable length and covered his entire body. I have never seen this again anywhere in Scotland and only confided in my partner until I contacted you. I know unequivocally what I saw and it is still clear in my mind as if it happened yesterday. I worked as a Civil Servant for many years and experienced some crazy stuff, but I must admit that this was a big surprise. 

No matter where you are in the world if you like your Bigfoot and Sasquatch reports you will know that many of the sightings are along our roads and motorways, sometimes the creature crosses the road and in others it is seen running at the side of the road looking into cars. There are many accounts of creatures crouched at the side of the road as if waiting and hoping not to be seen, or in some cases cars are pursued by the creature sometimes reaching speeds of 70mph. 




Bigfoot Type Creature Arbroath Road - Witness: I'm am from Dundee and I wanted to report something I saw a good while ago. Back when this happened I was in my 20's maybe a little younger, I had no idea what it was that I saw at the time but now I would say I saw a Bigfoot face to face. Sorry I feel like a nutter saying this to you and I've already reached out to two other paranormal researchers previously  but no one seems to care really or take me seriously. The very first experience happend about 5 or 6 year ago, and then another one last year in 2018. I have just seen you on a mini doc and thought you might be able to understand what I saw that day so I took a chance and wrote to you.

There is not really anywhere you can study up on information on up to date Cryptid reports here in the UK other than watching a few documentaries, which did help me pinpoint the type of creature I saw but I didnt know other people had also seen what I had. I'm convinced what I saw was a Bigfoot, It had a pale colour and was white-ish with maybe a bit of grey mixed in to the light coloured hair, It had reddish coloured eyes. Well I thought they were red, my girlfriend who was with me at the time thought It had orange eyes. It was huge in size, tall and broad and definitely not human because it was in clear view sitting half on a path and half in the bushes, by a creek at 2 or 3 am in the morning and the weather was ice cold. When It stood up to Its full height It was like a giant, with long huge arms.  Me and my ex girlfriend ran off and it's been bugging me what I saw ever since. The weird thing is a few years later I saw a report in the paper about the guy across Tayport, close to the Tay who had seen something like this creature too and he described the same thing I saw. But, how do you tell people thats what you saw, nobody is going to believe you and up to now nobody has? 


The Black Leaping Creature of Alyth 31/7/2016 -  I just wanted to contact you to tell you about a sighting my wife had last Sunday evening at 7.30pm whilst driving along a wooded section of A926 near Alyth towards Kirriemuir. I was driving and didn't see anything, but my wife who was sitting in the back suddenly said "Did you see that?" She explained she saw something a distance ahead on the verge of the road within the dense woodland that she initially thought was a man walking, but then it leaped further into the wood very quickly and stopped. She said it looked black like a shadow and it was tall and wide. My wife said she got the impression it was about to cross the road and then lept deeper into the wood upon hearing our car approaching. She was a bit shaken up and said her hair was standing up on end.  I probably would have turned the car around and had a look myself if it was just me and wife, but my Aunty was in the car and had been woken by the commotion and was not impressed. 

She has considered other logical normal reasons for the figure she saw such as deer or a hiker, but she didn't believe they looked anything like what she saw. I thought I would tell you about it as I understand you are researching the phenomenon.

The Banchory Gorilla 2006 - An article shared in the Fortean magazine from a gentleman who making the report on behalf of his friend describes a creature similar to a gorilla in shape and stature, that was seen in the Banchory area. "A friend of mine told me a story recently that had happened to her when we were chatting one day. Whilst she was out with friends at the back-end of midnight, driving through the back roads near Banchory (a small town near Aberdeen) she and another person saw something cross the road in front of their car, and the only description she could give me was 'a Gorilla'. This is the most level headed person I know (some would say overly sceptical definitely and usually rubbishes any ideas of a Fortean bent I try to persuade her with. But she sticks to her story to this day" She says what she saw looked like a Gorilla and it was crossing the road in front of their car. It could be seen clearly.



Torphins Aberdeen, A Huge Hairy Figure Chases the Car, and a watcher by the cottage, July 1994  - Local men Pete and George were walking through a forestry track in woods near their home in Torphins Aberdeen. When the men were nearing the end of the track Pete saw a dark figure run from the tree's on the left across the track, the figure disappeared into the tree's on the right. He at first thought it was a man but the figure left a strange foreboding in Pete. George did not see the figure and was busy telling Pete he was imagining things when a face appeared out of the tree's behind Pete's back looking right at George. George was chilled to the bone as the face he was looking at "looked human, but was not human." It darted away just as quickly, and for some reason George threw a large stone in it’s direction. The two friends than left the area feeling somewhat unnerved. But as it was a walk they had to do on a regular basis, they would have to return.

A few weeks later the two friends along with a third man they had brought for added numbers, were to have another encounter with the ‘Creature’ as they were driving along the road into Torphins, approx' two miles away from their first meeting. In the witnesses own words: "Suddenly from the side of the road there came this 'great muscular, hairy figure' bounding out of the woods which started to run behind the car. At one point it caught up and ran alongside the vehicle, not seemingly out of breath as it approached speeds of up to 35 mph. "

Pete describes the creature as," strong and muscular, with red glowing eyes, a thick body covered in hair, and about 6ft to 6ft five inches in height, it was jet black in colour " The figure ran after them for several minutes and then stopped abruptly in the middle of the road, leaving the terrified car occupants to carry on their journey into Torphins alone. The same or similar ‘creature' has also been reported by a lady who lives in an isolated cottage on the edge of the forest where Pete and George first saw the figure. She has seen it on two occasions watching her house from the woods, she too describes the red glowing eyes. The only other report that I am aware of is that of a local man who caught a fleeting glance through high-powered binoculars as 'It' darted through a forest clearing.

Thank you to Simon for gathering the images from Ethie and for all the witnesses who shared their experiences with us. If you wish to join our community group, or become a BBR member and help us investigate cases world wide please watch the video that follows. If you can help out with our current fundraiser please email me for details debbiehatswell@gmail.com 

Please Donate to Help with online costs - PAYPAL: - https://www.paypal.me/BigfootResearch

MAP OF UK SIGHTING REPORTS: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s1zOmmdM216PMftPUM9K1qqGrFg&usp=sharing


Here is a very short and simple HOW TO use the Map video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRmRRDHcWKE&feature=youtu.be







Comments