Can I Get a Whoop Whoop!! British Bigfoot?

There are many reports on the map of Whooping noises and unseen animals that have emitted a Whooping noise when disturbed.  I have included just a couple of reports where the witnesses in question, heard a distinct ape type Whooping.  Both witnesses described the noise as "primate like" loud whooping calls that travelled along way and neither could pin point the origin of the sound?




Offton Whoops Aug 1985.  Wood Man Hears Whoops


I have worked in woods as a wood's man for years, though not now, anyway back then I was working it was a  Friday and the job that day was to cut a ride, or path and coppice the trees. I had gone up through the woods just working as normal, and a feeling came over me very strongly that I wasn't alone. Now I am 20 stone and pretty fearless but I just lost it, and I cant explain why ?Something came over me and I just totally lost my nerves, I decided to head out of the woods and headed for the clearing, as I went along I heard as plain as day a monkey go whoop whoop. I turned to look In the direction the noise came from and as I did I heard an almighty crashing and saw clearly a two legged thing hurtling along really fast. What I saw was something about 80 feet away go across a trail at speed, it used it's long arms to knock aside the trees, and was just barging through making a hell of a racket?  All I can say is it was just like a chimp in colour but more like a gorilla in build. but the general shape of man, I just couldn't work out, what it could be? I would estimate it to be somewhere in the range of  5'7" 5'8" in height, broad across the chest and shoulders, and with arms at least a third longer than mine.   This thing moved like we move, fluid, not bow legged like a chimp.  I still have no idea what i saw. No clue, just a dark upright cross between a monkey and a human moving at speed across the path.


Even now after this time I still feel very confused, I believe in Bigfoot and Woodwoose and Shug monkeys' of myth, but seeing one is very surreal, its like I was watching it play out in front of me as if i was watching it on a film,  but it was real right in front well to my right of me. I cant describe the feeling of seeing one i am very confused.






Tilmanstone Whoops sept 2015.  Reported by a witness whilst working in the area.

Today while I was working, I'm a carpet fitter and I had a job out in the sticks, i was back and forth unloading things for the job and as I was unloading some underlay from my van I heard about4 vocalisations. Really hard to explain and totally unexpected.  Now the best way I can describe these sounds were like a whooping noise, single whoops one at a time after each other, but they sounded like the sort of whoop sound you would hear in a jungle or in a film. they did sound primate of some kind.  I checked when i got home and the nearest zoo is 25 miles away from where i was working, I wouldn't think a whoop could travel that far but I might be wrong.  I've never heard these noises before and it was enough for me to stop in my tracks. I was in the Tilmanstone area of Kent which is an old mining village near the Dover Sandwich area .It sounded close but not close at the same time i don't really know how to explain it at all. Its wasn't a bird and I know it wasn't a fox or anything. To be honest as I was in work mode, working almost on automatic pilot, and it shook me out of it, the whoop was that strange and that's why it stood out so much,  I could tell it was nothing I heard before, and it was definitely like a primate type of whoop it sounded like a very haunting sound it sort of hung in the air but it wouldn't sounded out of place in a jungle type environment. I just don't know what to tell you, its all very hard one to explain.


D. L. Hatswell 2017

Comments