The Falmouth Creature 2009

Several witnesses came forward over the first few months of 2009 claiming to have spotted a strange creature in bushes and trees in the area. Descriptions varied slightly between sightings, with one witness describing it as slightly larger than a dog, with a cat's face, walking on its hind legs. Another witness said it hopped away....

Here is what witness Sam Bradbury said.....

"I assumed it was a bird or maybe a dog being walked that was rustling the bushes. I stopped as I got nearer, when I realised it was neither.
“It was a little bigger than a dog and had the face of a cat with eyes that were glazed over and luminescent like a lion’s at night. It left when it saw me but appeared to only walk on two hind legs much like a kangaroo would and had behind it a bushy tail like a fox.”
Walking straight home after his “encounter,” Sam immediately drew a picture of the creature so he could remember every detail, in the hope that somebody else may have seen something similar."

There was other sightings of the beast, like this, by Sheila Bird......

"The large cat-like creature was sitting on a branch about eight to ten feet above water level, cradled in the young shoots. The cat and I observed each other for about 50 minutes. It maintained the same position during that time.
"It had long black fur with a slight brownish tinge, very short, thick-set neck and a bulbous body, like an enormous koala bear."

Witness John Ostins also saw the creature.....

"Just as we rounded the bend in the path I briefly saw up ahead a weird looking animal hopping into a gorse bush. I didn't see it for long, but I can say that it was jet black with a long, bushy tail like I'd imagine a racoon to have, and bigger in size than my Labrador. It also seemed to be moving on two hind legs."

It is very unlikely this is a misidentified Woodwose sighting but we thought we would share and get everyone's thoughts.

Comments