Morpeth Mystery Screams and Structures 2003 follow up 2017

Witness Statement: Borough Woods is a small area in the north east of england, not far from Morpeth and I guess about ten miles, maybe less from Bolam Country Park. Fields and small woods follow the River and it is an area close to the country parks.  I am a fellow interested researcher and work in the area itself.



So naturally, being an avid FT reader and being so close to Bolam, I was regaling a couple of my colleagues with the story of "the beast" as nobody, except one or two of the local project officers, had heard of it.  Explaining the sightings from witnesses and the area itself. 




At the end of the first day's work, we were heading back to base on foot as it was a lovely evening, we were walking along the River Wansbeck, when there was the oddest noise from up the top of the site where we had been working just minutes before. I can only describe it as a tremendous scream, but it didn't sound like any animal I've ever heard and it didn't sound very human either.  It really stood out to me as unusual and thats what made us stop and listen.

Everybody looked up to where the noise was coming from, but due to the density of trees and the thick brush, we couldn't see a thing. Too many shadows and movements to be clear on which place to concentrate your eyes on. We just shrugged our shoulders and carried on.




It certainly wasn't a bird and I couldn't see it being one of the other examples of wildlife that live in the vicinity (red squirrel, roe deer, otter, fox or badger).

It certainly spooked me at the time though. Following that whenever I got the chance through the week,  I'd have a look for any mysterious footprints, which should have been evident given the muddy conditions...but of course, I found nothing.

Close to the river Wansbeck and just outside of Morpeth itself this does fit with many of the strange accounts across the UK of howls, whoops or screams. close to river and railway and tucked between two towns, this would make an ideal area to look for sign. 





British Bigfoot Researcher S. Hill did an area check Oct 2017 and did find many strange structures along the river Wanstead and within the woods themselves.. We will keep you upto date with any further visits or happenings.








D. Hatswell ....  S. Hill Oct 2017

Comments