Holbeck Little Folk, and a Scruffy Hairy 'Hermit' that lived on our Land

When I was a boy myself and my Brother used to live on a country estate called Holbeck Manor, it was an extremely old manor house steeped in history and very close to a Viking burial ground in Lincolnshire. To get to the Manor you would have to go down along driveway which is about a mile and a half long. Half way down this driveway there is a stone bridge with a stream on one side and a lake and boat house on the other. Most of the drive had wooded areas running along it, then the lake and to the back there were woods. Our first encounter occurred at this bridge on a snowy Winters morning.

Myself and my Brother were given a wooden sledge to play with as there was snow on the ground, so we took it up to just above the bridge as there was a nice drop from there back down to the bridge, which was perfect for sledding. My Brother sat on the sledge and I pushed him, once we had gotten some speed up I let go and off my Brother went down the driveway towards the bridge, as he got to the bridge he lost control crashing in to the wall of the bridge and falling in to the snow which was a good height, when he landed I waited for him to get up but he wasnt moving, so I ran down to him thinking he had hurt himself badly. 



As I approached him I realised he was just messing around and I helped get him up and as I did I heard a laugh coming from above us, instantly we both looked up and there 'he' was this little man, 'he' was roughly a foot high maybe a foot and half at the most, 'he' was sat on the pillar at the end of the wall laughing at us, 'he' was wearing a dark green suit and 'he' had the yellowest blond hair, he didnt seem nasty in any way and I think he was amused watching us play in the snow. but seeing as we were still young boys I instantly got scared and grabbed my little Brothers hand and started to run back to the cottage to get my Dad. As we ran back I looked behind me and I saw 'him' stand up and gives us a wave like to say thanks for the laugh see you later.



When we got back to my parents cottage we told our Dad what we he just seen he didnt believe us at first but we persuaded him to come and look with us. The cottage we lived in was a few minutes walk from the bridge and when we got there the little man had gone. You could see were we had crashed the sledge and you could see the sledge, My dad checked on top of the bridge but he didnt find any footprints, but told us later when the story would come up that the snow on top of the bridge was disturbed like 'he' had brushed 'his' prints away.  My Dad was the groundskeeper for that estate and my Grandad was incharge of the livestock and horses. When I told my Grandad about it he wasn't surprised and has told us a lot of stories about the little folk who live in the woods of the estate.


As for the small folk Im not the only one in my family to see them, My Nan who is in her 80s can still recall her sighting of Fairies and Leprechauns from her childhood in Ireland, she said she saw them right up until she was sent to england which I believe was when she was 16.  


The second sighting was some years later on my Dad's farm. We had a bad spate of fox attacks on our hens and I was tasked with staying out there to catch the culprit. I was out one summer's evening until about 11pm but nothing out the ordinary happened and there was no sign of the fox. So I went in to go to bed. I was up early around 5am and went out to check if any chickens had met their end by Mr Fox, I had checked three huts and all was well but as I went around to the fourth chicken hut I spotted the tail end of somthing going round the back of the shed. As I went around after it there he was this little man, he was a little bigger than the previous one I seen with my Brother. This one was around 2ft 3 'he' was wearing all brown but had the same blond hair as the other little fellow. 'He' didnt spot me straight away as 'he' had his back to me, 'he' was rustling through the nest boxes where the hens lay their eggs. I shouted out "hey, what you doing" but I got no reply. 'He' just pulled back for a split second,  took one look at me and was off towards the ditch were the grass was long, the grass was about 4ft high there. I gave chase but 'he' was faster than anyone I have seen before and that was the last I saw of the little folk. I have spoken to a few people about the subject but not many believe you when you tell them. I found that the older generation who worked the land around were I grew up knew far more about them, but they were less keen to talk about it


After finding your channel and watching a few of your videos especially on Bigfoot in the uk. I think I may have seen one. Back then I didnt know what he was, we just called him the Scruffy man back then. The scruffy man lived in some woods on our land which had a pond in the middle, It was originally used to water the crops in summer time. My Dad always told me and my Brother to stay away from there, this pond and woodland was not near to any roads or houses, but it ran quite close to were the tractors would go by. Myself and my Brother were a bit naughty back then and we did sneak down there a few times. The first time I saw him, well I smelt him first, was when I was down by the water looking for newts and frogs. I could smell this rotten rubbish smell wondering what it was, I looked up and there 'he' was in the tree line, 'he' was just watching us, 'He' didnt say anything to us. He was just like a statue, stood still just staring. I dont remember any clothing just his hairy face and how big he was looked, it was a bit like a Gorilla's face but on a man or from what I now know a black Neanderthal type face, with a big nose, big brows, but he was all hairy, thats all I can honestly remember of him.



We would see him run from hedgerow to hedgerow and back to the wooded area but you would only see him from the tractor cab. I always put him down to just being an overly scruffy hairy man living in the woods at the back of our farm.  Im not 100% sure it was a bigfoot, but to describe him, he was about 7ft tall, was all black in colour and 'he' smelt like rotting rubbish. My Dad would see him by on old pond which was not used any longer, it had a good thicket growing around it, it was miles from any road and we stayed away from that part of the land mostly, but you would catch a glimpse of him when passing in the tractor, like I say it might of been just a homeless man but the more I think about it, the more I think it might not of been.


A short walk from the farm and along the beach we find another report of a strange creature known locally as The Red and White Chested Hairy 'Person'? of Saltfleet Marsh 2004

Witness Report:"It must have been about 10 years ago now my sister and I were walking along the edge of the salt marsh at Saltfleet, east Lincolnshire it was in the winter and we were out with our 2 dogs just letting them run off lead along the marshes. It gets pretty deserted down there and the area itself seems very bleak at times. There aren't many woodlands right on the edge of the beach, they are a little further inland, right along the beach front there are lots of thick, tall gorse bushes and tall grasses that the Deer and Rabbits live in. There are also some abandoned buildings scattered about.




As we were walking along we saw  'someone' walking towards us in the distance at first about 500 m away along the bottom of the dune.s  We both watched as the Figure got closer as there was something strange about this "person" and at this distance the figure approaching us looked like a big man dressed all in white with what looked like a reddish apron on his front. For some reason the gait on the figure was so strange it made us both stop and watch and we both felt a bit cautious and wary of it for some unknown reason. Without verbalising it we both decided to turn around and walk briskly back the way we had come.

We kept turning around and looking but the 'person' was moving very quickly and was easily gaining on us. We started to run and both dogs were running with us with us, I honestly thought "It" would catch up with us. When "It" got to within about 200 m of us I could see "It" was not a person and it wasn't an apron. This was a creature with very pale fur but with reddish/brown markings on shaggy hair/fur across the chest? I didn't stop to look closer and we ran all the way home. We've not been back to that area since and I haven't discussed it with anyone but my sister until I saw your site.


South Cockerington Monkey 2010


13 August and 15 August 2010

A policeman is appealing for information after a monkey ran in front of his patrol car in Lincolnshire.
Pc Paul French said he was travelling along Mill Hill Way in South Cockerington when he spotted the animal on Friday morning. He said he then searched for the animal but could not find it. Pc French has appealed for anyone who is missing a pet monkey or has any further information on where it could have escaped from to come forward. PC French said: "I thought it was a squirrel at first. "It paused for a moment standing on its hind legs, looked at me, then scampered off over the hedge."
Pc Ian Garrick has come forward to say he also spotted the animal in the same location on Sunday. A police spokeswoman said no-one had come forward to report a missing monkey.



The White Eyed Creature, chapel St Leonard Dec 2016
This sighting account was taken by a research member of the BBR group and passed along to me. Statement taken by Thomas john Goodfellow BBR Member: Dec 2016 Kiefer and Jacqueline (who are friends of mine) contacted me tonight due to knowing what I do for the team, they contacted me as they had experienced something quite frightening when they were out walking with their two dogs along the seafront up near The Anderby Creek area of Chapel st Leonard, They had both decided earlier to walk a route they usually used and set out for an evening walk with the dogs. As it was dark, due to the time of year and the small amount of street lighting they both had a lit torch in hand. Chapel St Leonard beach is on the Lincolnshire coastline located next to the resort town of the same name.  

One mile north of the main beach entrance is Chapel Point, a defensive structure built during the Second World War. It is a popular viewing point, particularly for bird watchers. The area has a number of nature reserves that can be accessed directly from the beach.As the couple headed up the main ramp entrance to the sea front they were using their torches to light the way when they both suddenly stopped as the torch light panned across the trees, They realised as the torches moved they lit up a large upright unrecognisable creature approx 200 ft off in the distance to the right hand side of the couple. 

The creature had possibly been moving back inland and was caught out before "It" reached the treeline. "It" was running along the beach walkway trying to get back into the cover of the wood.There was no sound from the creature, you couldn't hear any growls or anything. The only distinctive facts were that "It" was stood upright at approx 7 ft /7-5 ft tall with Bright White Eyes (Thomas wondered if this could be from the torch or the reflection of light maybe?) after around 8-10 seconds the creature moved off into the treeline and out of sight. The couple carried on walking away from the Creature quickly down the onto the seafront walkway when they started to hear loud sounds to the right off them in a the trees, the noises sounded like wood hitting wood. A almost knocking sound? Without thinking they both shined the lights back towards the sounds and saw eyes staring back at them, the eyes were clearly visible with no movement, just a constant stare. Those eyes never left them or blinked at any point.



The young couple both became so scared by this point that they started to run away, each picking the dogs up as they went, Kiefer looked back one last time to see if they were being followed and he saw the same creature standing on the walkway behind them less than 150 ft away, "It" was a dark upright figure all dark brown/black with a pair of bright white eyes, the skin was dark but lighter around the face and hands, at this point they ran to the safety of home locked the doors and have been sat inside ever since. They phoned me within half an hour of calming down a little and I was able to speak to them at length about the whole event. Up until this point they had always not taken what I do with any merit said Thomas, and I do understand this as it is a very new subject to most. I have not told them yet about the other encounters in the area. I just wanted them to tell me what happened in detail and get down any description they could supply. After I had given this couple a chance to calm down and reflect on the encounter, I contacted them again as sometimes a second chat can pull out further details but at this point they didn't really have anything more to add, but I could tell they were really nervous and wanted to know if these "creatures" ever attack. I explained that at no point did "It" try to approach them or harm them, "It" just made them scared enough to run away just by standing there and looking at them. Something must have driven "It" out of the treeline and I think the couple caught "It" unawares maybe? 



The area in which all of these reports took place is a haven for many wildlife species, set between woodland and the coast there are ample food and cover resources for any animal known or unknown to access. With easy access through the Nature Reserves the whole of the North East Coast is accessible, there are a number of estuaries leading inland all along the NE Coast. Farm Fields filled with crops and livestock make up a great majority of the route.


Comments