Large Cat Seen in Kings Nympton. Feb 2019

Witness Report - I had an experience with a big black cat in February last year during that unseasonal hot weather we had. It was about a mile outside Kings Nympton around 3 o'clock in the afternoon whilst walking my Labrador.  I had never really thought about it before but after I spent weeks going through the internet hoping for more information I still check now and again if there's any more sightings in the area.



One of the most interesting things I found whilst searching the internet was a list of all the big cats escaped, killed or captured in the U.K it proves that they are out there.

Looking at the area I would presume to suggest the cat may have used the River Mole as a route. There is plenty of cover in the area, it is scattered with farmers fields, long grassy meadows and lots of small wooded areas, Ideal for a large cat to move around unseen.



Maybe all of the earlier reports in the area of a 'Upright Bear' known as the Kings Nympton Bear are misidentified sightings of the cat. In 1978 A party of three boys out exploring came across a large creature with green eyes, similar to those of a cat. Its body was like a bears, though it stood upright, like an ape.

Comments