'A drawn out consistent raging shout'. A Dark Silhouette and a Roadside Ghost.

I camped in the Forest of Dean, at a place just outside of Bream. I was awoken at about 1am with what I can only describe as the loudest most typical Bigfoot howl ever. From waking up from I guess the shout, followed 4 of the loudest shout/howls I have ever heard. I have Goosebumps even just writing this. By the time I got my senses together and found my phone to record it on the dictaphone...it stopped. Honestly I absolutely s"&t my pants.


My friend who’s land I was camping on just laughed it off as a fox when I explained what I had heard in the night. I’m an outdoors guy who lives and hunts on a farm in Bradford on Avon Wilts, I actually live in a field. The shout was loud, it echoed through the Forest, I estimate it to be no more than 1/4 mile away at the most. I slept indoors the next night, no joke. I’m a big burly bearded Viking guy. I could somewhat recreate the shout but never the volume or resonance, all four shouts were consistent and similar in sound and pitch, they were drawn out, around 5-10 seconds long.


Ok so first pic is the farm and the land all around has been in the same family (the ‘Bakers’ I believe) for 300 years, the second pic is where I was camped and where I was renovating the stables. 






And the 3rd pic is where I think the shouts came from but it was so loud it could have been slightly north to the more Forested area, but my ears were trained on that area exactly and tbh I trust my ears, it sounded far too close for comfort, however I remained where I was and fell back asleep a little while later with no further event to concern me.



It wasn’t until the morning that I kinda really freaked out internally about it as the shout literally put a fear in me that nothing to this day has ever done, and I’ve had a good share of strange things happen but I trust the universe and as I said nothing has ever really scared me if I’m honest, I like my own company and have been alone in far more places that should worry me far more. It was just the sound, volume and resonance. It is almost impossible to describe. Some of the Bigfoot howls online come kind of close in volume and power but this sounded more......human I guess. I don’t know, it def wasn’t human but it was more of a 'drawn out consistent raging shout' rather than animalistic howl, it was just the volume and it echoed through the Forest, I had a very small fire and it did feel almost directed at me which is why on recollection it freaks me out more now than it did at the time, it’s very fresh in my memory, it is by far the most ridiculous experience I have ever had.

As usual I asked the Witness if they had any other experiences in life most people would consider strange or unusual, and he did add a strange encounter in the woods when he was a young boy. "We also used to play in the woods with a scout like group called woodcraft folk when I was a young kid. We were out that day and when it was time to pack up and go we all set off for to the minivan. It was a summer night about 9:30pm and it was pretty much dark under the forest canopy by then. There was one lad who had run ahead to be first to the bus, a few of us maybe four of us, two girls and two boys including myself saw a figure run across the path about 10 meters in front  of us. It ran from left to right crossing the path and then disappeared. It was fast and silent, and It was larger than us, you could not make out any detail as it was a completely black silhouette. We thought it was our mate who had gone racing to be first at the van. We all shouted piss off Adam, don’t try and to scare us but there was no response.

On getting to the minibus we asked him why he had done that and Adam protested he just ran straight there to the van and waited for us. We were all honest 13 year old kids, especially Adam and I never had any reason to doubt it was him. Practical jokes were more my thing and certainly not his.


He also had a strange roadside encounter many years later.  I was 19 when this happened, it was around 6am or just before. I was driving in my car from Bath to Bradford on Avon. It was a very up close, personal encounter and real as real could be and it still affects me to this day. And honestly it scared the living crap out of me for days. I was driving along and I saw a woman stranded by the roadside, I slowed from 60mph to nearly 10mph as I thought the woman needed help or a lift as there are no houses really for miles around and she was walking on my side of the road on my left. There are no paths and the roads is deadly for a pedestrians. I looked directly into her eyes (I use that term loosely) from 5 feet away. I sped off with my foot to the floor shouting oh fcuk oh fcuk etc, I looked in my rear view mirror seconds later and she was gone. The details are quite honestly horrific. There are many reported fatalities on that rd from car accidents. I’m not sure if it was sally in the wood or an echo of a deceased woman but my god, the experience affected me for weeks as the vision was bloody and very graphic..... and as solid I thought as you and I until I passed her, and I even took that day off work.


Comments