22 Sasquatch Reports. Kitsap County. Bainbridge Island, Washington.

Here at BBR I am pleased to say we have had a number of American and Canadian members join our Research group, and today we added the first international pins to the map. The new members like most of us are looking for reports of creatures in their State or City. One of the areas I wanted to take a look at is an Island just of the coast of Washington State. Bainbridge Island is host to a number of Sasquatch/Bigfoot sightings, if you are from the area you will no doubt recognise the places mentioned. From bountiful food resources, to areas of Wild Forest, it is no wonder there are so many reported sightings on the Island. I was able to trace around 22 accounts starting from the 1950''s. Included in the accounts is the now famous Bigfoot 911 call from 1996 where a gentleman reports a Sasquatch type creature in his yard. 

The recording begins with the agitated homeowner, who has never been publicly identified but was interviewed by Ron Morehead several years after the incident, requesting police assistance after spotting a potential intruder lurking around the edge of his property. He states he was alerted to its presence by a motion-activated floodlight and notes that "just the other day" his dog was killed by an unknown predator. As the call progresses, he is clearly reluctant to characterise the figure as non-human. He is very careful to avoid explicitly suggesting that the figure is in any way unnatural, instead describing its immense size and its coloration without actually referring to it as a Bigfoot/Sasquatch-type thing.  


What many people do not realise is that this is the second call made by the gentleman there is another earlier call to 911 which takes place a couple weeks prior to the actual "sighting" and picks up at the beginning of this whole (what we can imagine was a fairly nerve wracking) ordeal. In the short clip, the beleaguered resident calls in to the Kitsap 911 service to report "some strange goings-on" around the wooded property surrounding his house. "Something just killed my dog," he states, clearly rattled, "my dog went flying through the air over the trees, I don't know how it did it." The male dispatcher initially reacts to the man's story with a sceptical, on hearing that a forest-dwelling Mega hominid has just slaughtered a neighbourhood pet and then tossed its lifeless body back "over the trees" like a Frisbee (according to Ron Morehead, the dog was thrown "about 35 feet over a 9-foot fence"). The caller too seems acutely aware of the apparent ridiculousness of his story and sighs worriedly "Dammit I'm really confused." 




I wonder how the caller would feel if he knew just how many of his neighbours have also seen his Mega Hominid? Here are a selection of the reports from Island, it took me less than a day to find all of the 22 reports, and no doubt there will be others from people who have not shared their account yet. If you would like to read all of the reports you can find them on the Map of sighting reports Here

A Woman's Morning walk is interrupted by a large hairy bi-pedal animal. 

In the early spring of 1976. I had spent the night at a friends house. I decided to walk down an old logging road, to the country store. To get a cup of coffee. The sun was just beginning to shine through the Forest in foggy streaks. As I walked across a crossroads, I turned my head left. And looked down about 200 feet, there walking out of the forest was a tall human like creature. The sun was hitting it's backside, I could see it had brown reddish hair, that came from it's forehead back down it's whole body. The hair was long, around 8 or 10" and was matted. It turned it's head, it's neck was about human length. And it did not have to turn it's body to see me. It's face was black and I could not make out any details. It had a long stride, one step brought it onto the middle of the road and the next into the edge of the forest. It was very tall and thin. It's arms swung out below it's knees. And it walked straight and upright like a human. I froze in fear and ran back home in the opposite direction. When I told anyone they just laughed. Even the game warden laughed at me. But a year later he saw me fishing and told me he had gotten another report 8 miles west with the same description as I had given.

Homeowner sees Huge Unknown Animal on Bainbridge Island May 2004

The place where the animal was spotted is about 50 yards west of the old watershed at the edge of the hill slope there, and about 25 feet in from the trail. I was walking home with my baby in my front pack and my dog on Bainbridge Island around 6 PM May 2007. The evening weather was warm. About 50 yards in front of me in the woods, I heard branches breaking and much noise, as if two people were fighting in the woods. The noise stopped and I saw a brown furry tall figure, that was about 11 feet tall, standing behind a tree with its left side exposed. Even my dog stopped and stared. If it had been a deer or a raccoon, my dog would have taken off in chase. We stood there watching for about 2 minutes. Then the figure vanished. We continued on the path to the point where we saw the figure, about 25 feet off the path in the trees, to realise that where the figure stood, there is a drop off with a steep slope. We heard nor saw anything more. We were dumbfounded as to what it was.

Almost exactly one year later, there was an owl screeching at 4 AM in the same vicinity as the first sighting, then, a tremendously loud series of Ape-like sounds.






A Driver sees a Tall Dark Figure behind a tree near Kingston. Jan 25th 2011

I was driving down South Kingston road on January 25th at about 10.30pm. After coming around the last turn before the road turns to Miller Bay Road I saw something I will never forget. It looked as though a tall dark man was standing behind a tree. My headlights shined right at it and it seemed to try to pull its body behind the tree to keep hidden. It sent shivers up my back! I have had dreams about it ever since that night and I still have no idea what I saw.

Two Very Tall Hairy Creatures seen running down the road at night near Indianola. July 2008

I had just driven past the H2O well where they have a new fence built about a half mile west of the Indianola ball field, I was travelling on Indianola rd Ne heading towards miller Bay rd. I had just past the Indianola ball-field approximately 1/2 mile down the road when I saw in the distance at the end of my headlights two creatures running down the road. At first all I could see is some one running in the middle of road and some one running next to that other person on the right along the white line. I saw a pinkish tan colour hands and feet running real fast cause I was travelling at 40 mph. They were just black darkness at first except for the hands and feet then my headlights moved upwards and I caught sight of the black head to ankles, they were all had black fur like a bear, but was not bears. They were about nine to 10 feet in height. I only seen them for about six to eight seconds before they ran off into the forest.  I did hear fireworks earlier so I dont know if the fire works spooked them and made them run out of the cover?

Multiple daylight Sightings in Suquamish 1995

I used to live in Suquamish, WA between 1994-2002. My house was located at the top of centre street in the middle of the Suquamish tree farm. My family and I during those years of residency had seen and heard quite a few times what we believed to be Sasquatch.

The first time I saw one was in early 1995, and I was 8 years old at the time. It was a fairly chilly overcast winter day. We had few neighbours at the time and there was no one outside, so it was very peaceful. My mom had instructed me to pick up some cans from the backyard alone. The backyard was connected to the woods. I was at the edge of the woods and I started heading back towards the house when I heard something very large running in the woods about 20 feet away. I quickly turned around to look and I saw what I thought was a bear at first, but it was running on two feet and it stopped quickly as it saw that I turned around. When it stopped, it stood straight up (on two feet like a man), and held its arms and hands close to its side. Ferns were covering parts of its legs. It was about 10 feet from any trees. I got the impression that it was hoping that I didn't see it. As it stood still there, I stared at it for several seconds trying to figure out what it was. It was about 6'5".
It was very muscular, and very hairy except for I did not see hair on the face and on the fingers. Its fur was a dark brown colour.

To be honest I cannot remember exactly what the skin colour was, but I think it was light tan. Its eyes were directed toward me. The facial features were very similar to human features. I remember them being a lot more human than ape-like. Its face was not course and scary! I stared at it for about 10-15 seconds until I finally figured out what it was, and then I bolted back to the house as fast as I could.




Jefferson Head Sasquatch Sighting June 2006 

On 6/10/06 My daughter and 8 youths from the Suquamish Tribe were doing a beach clean up at Jefferson head. At about 2:00 p.m. the girls started hearing what sounded like a woman or animal screeching and screaming, The sound made them very uncomfortable and some of the girls returned to the adults who were on the other end of the beach. My daughter says here friend Cori spotted 'it' first, 'it' looked like nothing they had seen before. With parents who hunt they are aware of what our wildlife looks like and are certain it was no bear. It walked out of the marsh and seemed to be startled with the girls as it tried to quickly duck behind a large piece of drift wood. It did not run away, it continued to watch the girls from a crouched position, poking his head out from the side of the wood. The girls ran to the van and demanded to leave the Beach.

We have heard stories and I believe them to be out there. It is said by the elders of our Tribe that it is a blessing for one to show its self to You. Cheayvone My daughter who is 18 was terrified to speak about what she saw. I was able to days later calm her down and she told me about it. She said it reminded her of Big Foot from That harry and the Henderson movie. Only it looked like it was on crack. It had Light brown hair on its face with the tips almost dark brown. She says it was about 2 blocks in front of her. The Big foot did not run away, it watched the girls for about 4 minutes as it crouched down behind a drift wood.


A Driver has noontime sighting near her home on Highway 3. Nov 2005

As I was leaving my house and turned out onto the street a movement caught my eye so I turned to see what it was. Less than a football field away from me I could see something that immediately I knew was not a man and not a bear. I could see what I will call a Bigfoot it was walking north towards the water. We live near the water in Puget Sound. It appeared to be slumped forward to some degree. I guestimated it was 6 1/2 feet tall, but upon walking to that area later, I realised it must have been closer to 8 feet tall to be visible from where I saw it from sitting in my car. It seemed to have long hair that was brown, like a brown crayon. The face was mostly hairy but seemed to have shorter hair around the facial features. The nose was more pushed in and flat than protruding, but the nostrils were turned up some. It still looked more human than it did ape-ish.

It was taking big steps and appeared to look in my direction but did not appear startled by my presence. The hair looked messy and ungroomed. It seemed like forever but I figure I only saw him for about 10-13 seconds. When this happened our neighbours had been logging for the previous 2 days in a large area nearby, they were logging 4 acres. There was lots of commotion and noise. It may have been trying to avoid the noise or to it had come check it out perhaps?


A Wilderness Guide sees Bipedal Creature. June 2003

I have worked as a wilderness guide for about eight years now, many of which where spent in Katmai National Park and the Yukon delta. So it's fair to say I know what lives in the woods, and the behaviour of the woods. My experience happened in Washington state, mid Summer back in 2003. A close friend and myself decided to go shoot some ground fowl in the Indianola area. After entering a clearing we stopped to smoke a cig. I must note the air was still and damp, and I could smell the death of a creature close by. Some time during the smoke I had a flicker of movement in the corner of my eye. An animal was standing 400 or so ft away from me. I know what a bear looks like, I worked as a Brooks River guide. It was not a bear. It was not a person. 

I'm 6ft 4. It was much much larger and beefier than me. It was not someone messing around. I was armed. But I can say that animal had a stride not matched in North America. It did walk some 200 ft from the left to right in my vision. I was not going to shoot it. I wanted nothing to do with it. Needless to say we exited back to the truck moving back to back. I have not spoken of this due to the fact it would taint my career as a wilderness guide. But note I have nothing to gain or loose, but that animal I saw was your Bigfoot.




A Fisherman spots a large upright creature digging on the shore. June 91

I was up very early and I saw what I first thought was a bear digging on the shore with its hand (paw) I guess looking for clams or small crabs. I was doing some fishing and walked to the bank down a small trail when I spotted it. I thought it was a bear so I stopped and slowly started to walk backup the trail. I walked about 5 yards and turned to see if it was following or had left. When I stopped and turned around to see this ‘bear’ it stood up on it's hind legs and looked right at me. It was not a bear.

It was about 7-71/2' tall. It walked very quickly to the north and disappeared into the brush and trees. I was to scared to follow it and in shock. I do not believe in Bigfoot, I still am not sure what it was I saw. It may have been a bear but it looked like a large hairy man (it had no neck to speak of or really any hair on the face) and it walked upright taking strides as a man. This was in 1991. When I saw the creature go into the forest I stayed frozen for a good 15 minutes listening to hear if it might be coming back.


After that I walked over to where it had been. There were only two footprints of any real detail in the rocky sand. I wear a size 13, these were around 15-16 inches, 5 toes, no claws or "pad" prints like a bear. I am a ordained Assemblies of God minister and I do not wish to get involved in this kind of stuff but my wife said I should tell someone. I have two pictures of the footprints, one with my shoe next to it for comparison. As I said, I do not really believe in Bigfoot, I just don't know what it was. My mother in-law believes in these things and has shown these pictures to a newspaper.

Bigfoot Sighting by Two Hikers. Summer 88

My Marine buddy and I were on a hiking/camping trip. The area is very wooded, and very remote. We were walking for about 4 hours down a game trail when we heard strange grunting sounds, almost like a buck (deer) during mating season. Being an avid hunter though, I knew it wasn't a deer. We walked quietly towards the sound, hoping to find perhaps a bear or something. We were both armed with military type rifles, so we were not fearful of our safety.

Moving another 100 meters or so, the sound became louder and more frequent. The sound was now accompanied by the crashing of rocks. As we rounded a bend in the trail, just SE of us I spotted what appeared to be a huge black bear standing upright. It didn't see us, and it was only about 80 meters away, but the woods still masked it. We moved even closer, and now it appeared as if there were more than one. As we got close enough to make out the creature, it was nothing either of us as seen before.

It was about 6'5 or more, it had a huge upper body and it appeared to be lacking a neck. This was NOT a bear. My buddy and I looked towards each other, remaining silent and using hand signals. We moved away, we were both scared to death! Don't ask me why, we were armed to the teeth but we just didn't know what we had just seen. We moved back to the safety of the bend we just rounded and began talking about the possibilities. We both concluded it was a Bigfoot we just ran into.





Later when it was quiet s we moved back towards the last known location we had seen it but  we were unable to find the creatures. We found evidence of their being there, two rocks that weighed at least 200 lbs were sitting one on to of the other (fresh marks on them as if one was dropped on the other from several feet) and broken branches. We didn't find any foot prints, but there was a lingering odour...like animal dung but more powerful. We got the heck out of Dodge and told no one, until now.

We looked in the base library and discovered that there were laws on the books protecting these creatures in many states. I am glad we didn't run into it (them) again. I don't really know what it was trying to do. It was moving things around in the immediate area, but it didn't seem to have a purpose for doing so, unless it was marking its territory like other animals.


Bigfoot Reports in Kitsap County, Washington. June 2010

After a forestry manager reported seeing a creature in June, Suquamish police told him there had been several reports lately. As a forestry manager with the Suquamish Tribe, David Mills knows his way around the woods. So he's positive that what he saw there was a Sasquatch. He was checking out some young trees northeast of Indianola and kept hearing a noise in the woods. But when he'd turn, he wouldn't see anything. Then the hair on the back of his neck stood up. "I watched this hairy thing on two legs," he said. "It used its left arm to lift up a branch and walked about 50 feet. He turned in my direction and saw I was watching him, and ducked behind a tree."

Mills snuck into the tree line and moved closer to the creature. It started screeching and pounding on the back of a tree with what sounded like a rock, he said. He kept trying to get closer, but the Sasquatch would make a ruckus every time he took a few steps. Then he heard the woofing and jaw smacking he recognised as a bear to his left. As he moved, he realised he'd come within 20 feet of its cub. The mother bear came out of the brush, but she ignored Mills an odd move for a bear with a stranger between her and her cub.
"Her anger wasn't directed at me, it was coming to the right, at the noise it was making behind the tree," he said.

With two bears and a Sasquatch nearby, Mills decided it was time to call it a day.
"I flew down that hill," he said. "Then I just hopped in my truck and locked up the gate and left the area." The creature was about 9 feet tall and had black, shiny hair all over its body, Mills said. The screeching sounds it made matched those he's heard of a Sasquatch recorded years ago on the Lummi Indian reservation near Bellingham, he said. 


Mills said. When he reported his June sighting to the Suquamish Police Department, an officer told him he wasn't the only person to see a Sasquatch in the area lately, he said. He declined to give out the names of others that have seen it, but offered to pass a message along. The other reported Sasquatch-seers did not respond to the request for an interview.



We do have a fellow member who is very closely located to the sighting areas, and I would like to ask if you are a resident of Bainbridge Island or know of any strange experiences or Bigfoot like creatures reported there, please get in touch so I can pass on the information to our researcher. It would seem none of the encounters were physical, even the hunters never raised their weapons at any point. In all cases it would seem the humans had 'interrupted' the creature/s as they went about their activities, be it walking, looking for food or arranging rocks on the beach. It would be awesome if we could put all of the witnesses together in one room, as I am sure there will be so many more reports, within Kitsap County still waiting to be told.









Comments