The Porters Brae Print? And the Porters Brae Wildman

This photo was taken today while I was out running, I took a shortcut across a field about half a mile south of Torloisk Forest.

As I was crossing I came across this strange possible print in the margins, there was only one print as if whatever made it was keeping to the taller, thicker areas of growth.



I actually ran past it then and it stood out to me as strange so I came back for another look and touch the photograph- I came across your article about the Porters Brae incident in the 70's last year so it was in the back of my mind.

About six or seven years ago there were a couple of big cats in this area too.


The account the gentleman is referring to was taken by Charmaine Fraser and happened just East of the Lomond Hills Regional Park.

Porters Brae Wildman Hiding in the Forest sighting 2015

Jan 2015, The incident occurred around 1970: I know thats a while ago now, but I have never forgotten about it so even now Im confident about what happened and what I saw. 

"About 45 years ago I was with my then girlfriend and we were parked on a forestry road at the junction of Langdykes Brae and Porters Brae on the road to Cults.  The area is heavy Woodlands and is an area used for Forestry.  Now this junction we were parked up in is about 1.5 miles from Kennoway in Fife. I was parked about 300 yards up the Torloisk forestry road and the trees to the left of me had been cut down for about 50 yards and the floor was cleared up to the tree line and stacked up at the side of the forestry road.  There was a full moon and you could see right across the clearing to the standing trees, my then girlfriend said she saw something moving in the clearance, to which I said it would no doubt be a fox or a deer. 

After a while I fell asleep in the car seat until my girlfriend shook me awake and said there was something moving behind the stacked trees next to the car, much closer than before and it had been moving around us for a while now?  I wound the window down and banged on the door but the creature or whatever it was was unfazed it never moved. I then jumped into the driver's seat and reversed the car so the head lights shone in the direction of this creature, to my shock and amazement the creature stood up straight and for only a second or two and I could see it clearly. This "thing" stood around 8 feet tall and had a white/grey chest and face and the rest of its body was black. It looked at us one last time and then it took of in the direction of the forest and vanished from sight.

We were both confused and we just sat there trying to think what it could be, and then it came back!! This thing started throwing sticks at the car, they weren't little sticks as you could hear them hitting the car with a thud, The we heard crashing through a line of young beech trees near the car. We just drove out of there and my girlfriend did not want to return so I went back the next day with my brother, we went to look for tracks or signs but it had been raining and we found nothing. I later asked a man I know who has worked all his life in these forests if he knew anything about what we saw but he had never come across any thing like what it."


Have you had a strange experience in this area or close by? Have you heard strange howls or whoops, or come across any strange structures or prints. Is there an area that you feel unwelcome or watched in? If so please get in contact as I am keen to get the researcher above into the area as quickly as possible.

Until Next Time, Deb

Comments