Beckermet cumbria creature sighting 98

Cumbria 1998 - The Beckermet area of Cumbria was apparently the location of an intriguing incident in January 1998. According to a letter to the editor published in the Whitehaven News of March of that year: It was about 5.00 p.m. and starting to get dark so my visibility was not that good, but as I walked past the woods I heard the snapping of branches. Thinking it was an animal, I stopped to try and see it. Looking through the trees I noticed a large creature covered in a sort of ginger brown hair that seemed to be drinking from a pond about 150 meters into the woods. As the lighting was getting bad I was straining to make out what it was, but as I stopped and stared, it appeared to notice me. At this point it reared up onto its hind legs and made off slowly further into the woods. I would estimate its height when upright to be around six feet six inches. 


Comments