The River Dove Creature sighting 2006/8

Somewhere between the years of 2006 to 2008, I was returning from Dovedale in Derbyshire, along the fields at the side of the river Dove. It was broad daylight, but I had no binoculars on me. The orange dot is my location. A field away, on the other side of a 5-6ft hedge I saw an unmistakably grey creature, approximately 7-9 ft tall, I could see half of it visible above the hedge, leading me to believe it was bipedal. It walked along the other side of the hedge (marked by the orange line) and disappeared where the hedge ended. At the time I tried to think of a logical explanation, and the only thing I could come up with was one Cow mounting another, the other side of the hedge. This would give it extra height and make it appear bipedal. However when I reached the location, there were no cows in that field, and no sign of whatever the creature was. Returning to the site a year or two ago, I discovered a ditch running through the middle of the hedge with a stream in it, which the creature may have gone down into to disappear. I believe the creature came out of Kendar Wood, it is privately owned by gamekeepers but I would like to investigate the area further in the slim hope that whatever it was wasn't just passing through. I couldn't make out any more details of the beast other than colour and size. It remains a mystery as to what I saw that day.


Comments